I can’t believe I’m leaving Paris in just about 24 hours. I remember 10 months ago when I was writing a post about my last 24 hours in Denmark. And what a year it’s been!
Paris is one of the most romantic, cultural and historical cities in the world. Whenever you leave your apartment (or hotel), there’s always something to do. And even though I could go out and do so many crazy things in my last day here, that’s not what I have done so far. Instead, I went to my favorite bakery to buy the best macaroons in Paris. I went to one of the places where they make really good crêpes. I went for a walk along the Scene and bought a final souvenir. I bought a bottle of rose wine and enjoyed it with my friends. Because tbh, as great as Paris is, those things and all the memories I’ve made this year, is what I cherish the most. It’s things like that I’ll look back at in the future and miss. I’m gonna miss this city more than anything, and a thing I’ve realized is that Paris is without a doubt my favorite city. All the songs, movies and quoes haven’t been made out of nothing.
So as I’m writing my last post in my last hours in the city og lights, I’ll give you the 10 best quotes I’ve learned about Paris this year:
- “If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “An artist has no home in Europe except in Paris.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
- “A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life.” -Thomas Jefferson
- Paris… is a world meant for the walker alone, for only the pace of strolling can take in all the rich (if muted) detail. -Edmund White
- “He who contemplates the depths of Paris is seized with vertigo.
Nothing is more fantastic. Nothing is more tragic.
Nothing is more sublime.” – Victor Hugo
- “I guess it goes to show that you just never know where life will take you. You search for answers. You wonder what it all means. You stumble, and you soar. And, if you’re lucky, you make it to Paris for a while.” – Amy Thomas
- “… you’ll have to fall in love at least once in your life, or Paris has failed to rub off on you.” – E.A. Bucvhianeri
- “Paris is a hard place to leave, even when it rains incessantly and one coughs continually from the dampness.” – Willa Cather
- “I cannot tell you what an immense impression Paris made upon me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world!” – Charles Dickens
- And at least, but not last, as I’ll keep saying from now on: “We’ll always have Paris.” – Casablanca
That’s all for now – bisous xx